Performance issues in wp-admin when viewing event listings

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums General Question Performance issues in wp-admin when viewing event listings

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Tomás Miplanhoy 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I have a site with about 5700 events. When opening the events listing in the backend wp-admin interface for viewing, just opening the view after clicking “Events” takes 30-45 seconds.

I have added the code from this thread: https://wp-event-organiser.com/forums/topic/performance-of-calendar-view-in-backend/

and the behavior continues even after that. Is there anything else that I might try to speed up this listing? The 100% server load during this time is slowing down other site users.

Any ideas you might have would be helpful. Thanks!

Clay Showalter

Hi Clay,

The code you link to is for the calendar admin page. The plugin should only load 20 events on the event listing page, so generally that shouldn’t cause performance issues, irrespective of the number of events.

I recommend you try a plugin such as QueryMonitor to identify if there are any database queries that are slow. There maybe other performance auditing plugins you might want to try, such as Laps: https://github.com/Rarst/laps to identify what exactly is causing the site to run slow.

Stephen Harris

the admin view is the spot where I’m noticing the slowness. The front-end is generally loading pretty quickly, or at least in line with the rest of the site. I have the “number of items per page” in wp-admin set to 20, so I think that’s normal. I have been using the Query Monitor plugin for months now. I just took a screenshot of the admin interface after one of these slow loads. Let me know if you see anything here that looks obviously wrong, or that I could do something to easily address:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vvanm90hw807okf/Screenshot%202019-08-04%2023.25.51.png?dl=0

thanks for your help!

Clay Showalter

Hi Clay,

The main query looks correct, so its just performing slowly. The only difference between queries on the front-end (and the calendar) is that the grouping the events (this is so you see the event only once in the event list).

Would it be possible to get a snapshot of your database to replicate this, and try and improve the performance. If not, I’ll just create ~6,000 events – are they mostly single-occurrence?

Stephen Harris

I’m happy to give you admin access to a dev site or a dump of the database itself, whichever you prefer. I’d prefer to provide that off the support forum if possible. Can you email me directly?

Clay Showalter

We have the same problem. We have a website with more than 7000 events and in the backoffice when we are going to list them it gives us problems.
    We have the web in a vps and still occupies the mysql 100% of the cpu.
    Any change we make on the web or put a new shortcode on the home makes us have to restart the machine because it blocks it.

Tomás Miplanhoy
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.