extra step added with v3

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  David Bühler 3 years ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Hi,

We have been using Event Organiser Pro for over 2 years now, currently on 2 different sites and we are very happy with it.
    However with the EO Pro update from v2 to v3 there was a big change in how submissions are handled adding an extra step in the process.

Since we only use offline payments on our sites, we feel that this this extra step is unnecessary and confusing so we decided to stick with version 2 until v3 had been updated.
    …earlier mentioned here:
    https://wp-event-organiser.com/forums/topic/planned-feature-time-estimate/

https://wp-event-organiser.com/forums/topic/upgrade-from-2-to-3-offline-payment/

EO Pro v2 is working fine as it is now but it would feel a lot better if we could update to the latest version.
    Do you have plans for including this with the next update?

Thanks!
    /Anders

AK

Hi Anders,

I will aim to get a beta version of this feature to by the end of the month.

Stephen Harris

Thank you Stephen!

AK

Hi

It seems that this problem isn’t solved yet. When do you plan to address it?
    In addition to that, the translation to german isn’t done, check the screenshot. How can I change that?

Many thanks & cheers

I’m on Version 3.10.2.

screenshot

David Bühler

Hi David,

The feature is still in beta and not been published. I can provide with you the beta-version if you wish?

With regards to the translation you edit the translations in the event-organiser-pro/languages/ folder (or event-organiser/languages/ for the text in the free version – I can’t see the screenshot to advise which exactly).

There are .po files which contain the translations and you can make changes there. You’ll need to convert that .po file to .mo file (see, for example: https://po2mo.net/) for the changes to take effect.

If you are providing missing translations then I’d very much welcome the .po file to include in future releases. If you’re making changes I’d recommend copying the edited .po and .mo file to wp-content/languages so that they are not overridden by subsequent updates.

Stephen Harris

Hi Stephen

Thank you for your quick answer!
    It would be great if you could send me the beta-version, thanks!

Here is the screenshot, the previous URL didn’t work:
    https://muehleotelfingen.ch/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/Reservation.png

Since the extra step is skipped in the beta version (and future updates) and my translations may not suit all the german users (I’m using «reservations» instead of «bookings» because we don’t actually sell tickets online), I’ll leave the .po file as it is.

But if you want you can change the .po files like this for future updates (translations according to the screenshot – I do it differently on my page):

Your booking XXXX is pending payment -> Die Zahlung für Ihre Buchung XXXX ist noch pendent

Quantity -> Menge

Pay offline -> Offline zahlen

Cheers, David

David Bühler

Hi Stephen

It would be great to hear from you, i’d like to install the beta-version.

Many thanks & cheers
    David

David Bühler

Hi David,

I’ve just sent you an email with a link to the beta version.

Stephen Harris

Hi Stephen

Unfortunately it still doesn’t work. The reservation remains “incomplete”, there is a message “booking pending confirmation” and the redirection doesn’t happen.
    See screenshot here: https://muehleotelfingen.ch/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/reservation2.png

We installed the beta and added the code to the functions.php:
    add_filter(‘eventorganiser_booking_skip_payment_options’, ‘__return_true’);

Could you please check again the beta and the functions code?

Cheers, David

David Bühler

Hi David,

Are you only using the offline payment gateway, and I assume the event is not free?

Stephen Harris

Hi Stephen

Yes, only offline payment gateway is active, and the events are not free.

David Bühler

Hi Stephen

It would be great to hear from you. We are still stuck with this extra step and the reservations remaining incomplete.

Many thanks & cheers
    David

David Bühler

Hi Stephen

It still doesn’t work, could you please help? The bookings remain incomplete and the bookee doesn’t receive a mail after he made the booking.
    Online payment is disabled, only offline payment is live (the events are not free!). Offline payment Email is activated in the settings.

I have added the following code to the functions.php file:

add_action(‘eventorganiser_offline_payment_initiated’, function($booking){
    eo_confirm_booking($booking->id(), true);
    });

add_filter(‘eventorganiser_booking_skip_payment_options’, ‘__return_true’);

We have Event Organiser Pro Version 3.1.1 installed today, but the problem remains the same.

I would really appreciate your help! Thanks, David

David Bühler
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.