Event Organiser Pro – Want To Know More…?

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums General Question Event Organiser Pro – Want To Know More…?

This topic contains 14 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Liz Fraley 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

In April 2012 I announced a desire to build an add-on for Event Organiser. This add-on would focus on a widely requested feature: event bookings. I gave a lot of thought about how this would work and the best structure to accomplish this because things can get very complex quickly.

This is particularly so due to the real flexibility I wanted to offer. Because, just as ‘events’ covers a wide range of uses from small business initiatives, and educational courses to gigs and cultural festivals. ‘Bookings’ need to be equally flexible with the ability

• to sell multiple tickets for an event
    • to limit the availability of each ticket, and the event as a whole
    • to book events as a ‘series’ such as a course, or sell tickets for individual dates
    • to allow some tickets to be available for some dates and not others.
    • to set when event tickets are available for purchase

But I wanted to do that without compromising the simplicity of Event Organiser’s user interface…

So I’m pleased to announce that Event Organiser Pro is due for release in March. And its packed with a lot more features than just bookings.

So if you’re interested, follow the above link and sign up to the mailing list – and take advantage of the early-bird discount offer that shall be announced nearer the time. In the mean time you can expect 1.7 to be out shortly.

Stephen Harris

Hi,

Would it be possible to support the Eventbrite API? Would be a great add-on as we already use Eventbrite and it would simplify for our users when they are on the website.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by  Stephen Harris.
    redacated

Hi
    It would also be great if Venues could be picked up from a map or Long/Lat could be entered for places where addresses would not render the right location.
    Thanx in advance

Hani

Hi
    I would like to allow users to register on my site and to be able to post their own events, maybe using ‘gravity forms’ to create the event. Also for the user to be able to edit / delete events / update their profile.
    Thanks

Ross

If I have an event on a date/time at one of my venues, is there a way to make sure we don’t schedule another event at the same date/time at the same venue? Something to prevent scheduling conflicts would be great, so I wanted to check and see if either your regular or pro versions do that. Thanks!

Deb

Hi Deb,
    There’s no built-in feature that does that, but it would be entirely possible to build an add-on which does do that. It’s not likely such a feature will ever make it into the core of either regular or pro though since its quite a bespoke feature.

Stephen Harris

Hello,
    We really like your Calendar and use it daily on our blog. Will your plugin support multiple calendars on the same blog? We will pay. Thank you, Pat

Pat Jutte

Hi Pat,

This is kind of possible already. Simply create a category for each ‘calendar’ and then on the front-end, use [eo_fullcalendar] but only show events of a specific calendar ( see http://wp-event-organiser.com/documentation/shortcodes/event-full-calendar-short-code/)

Stephen Harris

Will a future release include authorize.net directly from the site? We love the calendar and this would be hugely helpful!

Heather

Hi Heather,

There are no plans to yet – but I think it would be a good thing to add!

Stephen Harris

Hi Stephen,

Congrats on your release of Event Organiser Pro!

I had hoped that you would be releasing a feature (I thought it was going to be under Pro) where the calendar could be filtered based on location e.g. find all events in a 50 mile radius or in a location eg. Winchester? If I’m reading the documentation correctly, this functionality isn’t available in Pro (yet) ? Is this earmarked for a future release?

Many thanks,
    Joanna

Joanna

Hi Joanna,

You right, it doesn’t have the feature (yet). It is planned, but not for any particular release at the moment. Probably 1.2 (~ late June).

Stephen Harris

Stephen,

Is there a demo of the pro version available to test drive?

And is there any chance that the “Event Search” feature will find its way into the free version?

John

John

Hi John,

(Can you send me a message, so you can I email you?)

Yup, this site which I’ve kept a quite lets you fully test it here (for an hour).

R.e. event search getting into the standard version – no, though at some point in the future I may extract some pro-features out and sell them separately (and offer them free for pro customers). I’ll be doing this with the latest feature I’m working on: Event board:

Event Organiser event board

Stephen Harris

I’d like to have the ability to have multiple dates on an event. Rather than duplicate my event multiple times.

For example, I’m running a class: each class runs for 4 hours, 4 days in a row (i.e, Oct 7-10, Nov 17-20, Dec 5-8). When someone buys a ticket, it’s for the entire class, but not all three runs of it: A student would take EITHER october or november or december, but not all three.

The classes are identical except for the dates. Dates are not predictable: Different weeks in the month, different date numbers.

I’d like to add event dates just like I can add ticket types to any single event rather than duplicating the event over and over and over.

Liz Fraley
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.