Errors after upgrade

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi Stephen

I’ve been using EO for many years and recently upgraded to v3.1.1 Since then we’ve noticed two issues:

1. Free bookings are auto-confirmed despite this code snippet being in place https://wp-event-organiser.com/forums/topic/manually-confirm-free-bookings/

2. Bookings are now duplicated. This seems to be the issue reported here: https://wp-event-organiser.com/forums/topic/duplicate-bookings/

I followed the debugging guidance and this is what the log says:

[eventorgpro-error] 2021-04-22 16:32:47 172.69.54.194 require(‘wp-blog-header.php’), wp, WP->main, WP->parse_request, do_action_ref_array(‘parse_request’), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, rest_api_loaded, WP_REST_Server->serve_request, WP_REST_Server->dispatch, WP_REST_Server->respond_to_request, EventOrganiserPro\WP{closure}, EventOrganiserPro\booking\BookingController->create_booking

[eventorgpro-error] 2021-04-22 16:32:48 172.69.54.194 require(‘wp-blog-header.php’), wp, WP->main, WP->parse_request, do_action_ref_array(‘parse_request’), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, rest_api_loaded, WP_REST_Server->serve_request, WP_REST_Server->dispatch, WP_REST_Server->respond_to_request, EventOrganiserPro\WP{closure}, EventOrganiserPro\booking\BookingController->create_booking

Can you advise how to troubleshoot this please?

Thanks

David McCourt

Ok, I have updated the free booking confirmation issue using the are filter.

But the duplicate bookings are still a problem.

Also how can I redirect free pending bookings to a thank you page, now the banana__dont_autoconfirm_free_bookings filter no longer works?

Thanks

David McCourt

It seems that manually confirming a booking no longer sends an email out. Using the resend tickets button does work.

Any ideas about this? Is this related to the new filter?

David McCourt

Sorry I noticed that I copied the wrong filter earlier. It is:

eventorganiser_pre_gateway_booking

What can be used to redirect free pending bookings now that this is deprecated?

David McCourt

Hi David,

Regarding the duplicate booking issue, the above logs suggest that the client has made multiple requests. I haven’t been able to replicate this issue. Does it happen consistently? Can you see the browser making duplicate requests in your network tab of the browser console?

The eventorganiser_pre_gateway_booking has been deprecated since 3.0. (Apologies, this wasn’t listed in the changelog). How bookings/payments works now (in order to Strong Customer Authentication) is that the user stays on the same page for, and the browser makes a series of calls to the WordPress API.

When the booking is complete, the user can be redirected but this isn’t configurable on a per-gateway option.

However, the content of the confirmation section can be changed (see templates/eo-booking-form-confirmation.php). The template is written in PHP but then is rendered using underscore, so you can conditionally change the content based on the booking object (e.g. its status and amount).

Stephen Harris

Hi Stephen

Yes it is happening every time a booking is made. The duplicate bookings have consecutive numbers. I can see in the network tab that 2 ‘booking’ calls are happening at the same time.

I’m not sure how to troubleshoot it. These are the filters and functions in use, in case any of these could be causing it: https://snippet.host/rqbs

This is causing the client quite a few problems. They would like to know if it is possible to downgrade as that was working OK before. However they were on v1.11.8.

Thanks for your help.

David McCourt

Downgrading to that version shouldn’t be a problem.

If anything is causing the duplicate bookings it will be something client-side (javascript). It might be difficult to determine what exactly is causing it though.

If you can provide access to the site, get in touch via the contact form I can take a look (or if you need the older version to revert to).

Stephen Harris
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.