duplicate bookings

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Madeleine Parkyn 3 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hello Stephen
    I have a problem which has just started in the last few days. When someone books an event the system is making duplicate bookings and sending out 2 email confirmations. I realise that you probably need more information than this, but do you know why this is happening? Or what else do you need to know?
    This is quite pressing because it is causing us a lot of trouble.
    Many thanks for your help.
    Madeleine

Madeleine Parkyn

Hi Stephen
    In case this helps. When I test the booking form (using a new private browser window) only one booking is made and one confirmation email sent. The duplicates are happening when other people make bookings.

Many thanks
    Madeleine

Madeleine Parkyn

Hi Madeleine,

Just to confirm – you are seeing duplicate bookings rather than just duplicate notifications?

Are you able to provide a link to the site (and a login) for me to see this? First thing to check is if its caused by duplicate requests form the browser to the API or whether something on the API is calling the booking code to run twice.

The former can be checked by looking in the network tab of your browser console.

For the latter, first add define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true); in wp-config.php above where it says to stop editing. Then add the following line

$this->logger->error(wp_debug_backtrace_summary());

immediately before eo_insert_booking() on line 167 of includes/booking/BookingController.php.

Then make a test booking. In your wp-content folder you should see an eventorganiserp.log. file. In it, corresponding to the time when you made the booking you should see something like

[eventorgpro-error] 2021-03-26 00:48:42 172.19.0.1 require(‘wp-blog-header.php’), wp, WP->main, WP->parse_request, do_action_ref_array(‘parse_request’), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, rest_api_loaded, WP_REST_Server->serve_request, WP_REST_Server->dispatch, WP_REST_Server->respond_to_request, EventOrganiserPro\WP{closure}, EventOrganiserPro\booking\BookingController->create_booking

What logs do you see?

Stephen Harris

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. We are seeing duplicate bookings and duplicate notifications. I’ll try what you suggest and get back to you.
    Best wishes
    Madeleine

Madeleine Parkyn

Hi Stephen

I’ve sent an email to: wp.event.organiser@gmail.com with login details and other information.
    Best wishes
    Madeleine

Madeleine Parkyn

Hi Stephen – this is what the log says:

[eventorgpro-error] 2021-03-26 10:34:22 109.170.218.114 require(‘wp-blog-header.php’), wp, WP->main, WP->parse_request, do_action_ref_array(‘parse_request’), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, rest_api_loaded, WP_REST_Server->serve_request, WP_REST_Server->dispatch, WP_REST_Server->respond_to_request, EventOrganiserPro\WP{closure}, EventOrganiserPro\booking\BookingController->create_booking

When I book I’m not seeing the problem, I only get one booking. I’ve asked someone to make a test booking who does get duplicates, and will post the log fiile from that.

Madeleine Parkyn

HI Stephen
    The 11:17 entry is when a collegue booked and got duplicate bookings.
    It isn’t doing this for all events,
    Many thanks
    Madeleine

[eventorgpro-error] 2021-03-26 10:34:22 109.170.218.114 require(‘wp-blog-header.php’), wp, WP->main, WP->parse_request, do_action_ref_array(‘parse_request’), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, rest_api_loaded, WP_REST_Server->serve_request, WP_REST_Server->dispatch, WP_REST_Server->respond_to_request, EventOrganiserPro\WP{closure}, EventOrganiserPro\booking\BookingController->create_booking
    [eventorgpro-error] 2021-03-26 11:17:08 86.172.172.204 require(‘wp-blog-header.php’), wp, WP->main, WP->parse_request, do_action_ref_array(‘parse_request’), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, rest_api_loaded, WP_REST_Server->serve_request, WP_REST_Server->dispatch, WP_REST_Server->respond_to_request, EventOrganiserPro\WP{closure}, EventOrganiserPro\booking\BookingController->create_booking
    [eventorgpro-error] 2021-03-26 11:17:08 86.172.172.204 require(‘wp-blog-header.php’), wp, WP->main, WP->parse_request, do_action_ref_array(‘parse_request’), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, rest_api_loaded, WP_REST_Server->serve_request, WP_REST_Server->dispatch, WP_REST_Server->respond_to_request, EventOrganiserPro\WP{closure}, EventOrganiserPro\booking\BookingController->create_booking

Madeleine Parkyn
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.