Calendar Page with Category Filter

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 11 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

In the WP-Admin there is a filter button for Categories which is really usefull for my needs.

When I use the [eo_fullcalendar] this feature does not exist. Is there a simple way for this to be included?

I just need to allow users to filter the Calendars so they only display the relevant ones to them.

Mark

Hi Mark – you can use headerLeft, headerCenter or headerRight to include a a drop-down filter (see the shortcode docs)

Note: there is also a category and venue attribute which simple filters the events shown (without providing a drop-down).

Stephen Harris

Hi

This almost solve my dilemma to but im looking for a way to filter the events list.
    The calendar filter explained above is just what i need but if there is a way, a “free text search” would be nice to.
    Is there any way to do this? I’m a total rookie on this plugin by the way so be kind to me ^^

Jonas

Hi Jonas,

So do you mean a search on the calendar which filters the calendar by those matching the search term…? If so, no, I’m afraid there isn’t.

Stephen Harris

Hi Stephen

Na, more like a filter to the event list.
    Looking for something that looks exaktly like what you see on the admin side.
    A list of all the events ([eo_events]) and an opportunity to filter the results (free text search would be nice but not a requirement).

Jonas

Ah, ok.

There will be an ‘event search shortcode’ in the premium add-on (due in March) that will allow free-text search of events, and with optional filters – category, venue, city, state and date-range. There will be a particular template for formatting the results, which would enable you to customize how the results are displayed too.

Stephen Harris
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.