Waiting List

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Natalie Parisi 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

A waiting list feature would come in handy for my events.

Ideally, it would be an option to toggle that still lets users continue to submit bookings after an event has sold out, without being taken to the payment gateway. But it would probably need some way to prompt a waitlist booking with a link to complete the payment process if space opens up. Hrm, sounds complicated..

Natalie Parisi

It does sound complicated :/ Beyond the technical complications, there are also procedural ones; If 3 spaces become available, but the next booking requires 4 – would it skip it and use the booking after that. Similarly what if 2 adult and 1 child ticket become available and the next booking requires 1 adult and 2 children? You’ve then got the problem of pending bookings creating a backlog: Suppose I submit a booking but it places me an queue, if my booking just so happens to reach the end – there will still be a delay between that and my making the payment (if indeed I do). In the meantime my ‘pending’ booking might well be occupying spaces others would want to book.

Stephen Harris

Ah, I see. I think this is a recurring theme for the issues I’m encountering. The plugin is built for lots of broad use cases, and I’m trying to narrow it down in different ways to fit my specific needs. I’m dealing with single-ticket limited bookings (team registrations for a competition, specifically) and totally forgot about the possibility of multiple ticket requests at time. That would make a waitlist pretty tough, unless it was extremely robust. If you tried to book multiple tickets or ticket types, and any one of them were sold out, it would need to notify the user and see if they want to book only the available tickets, or put their entire booking on a waitlist which the admin could view and manually approve at their discretion.

Thanks for all your patience as I’m figuring things out =)

Natalie Parisi
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.