Venues

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 9 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

How can I show events from multiple venues?
    I use this code:

$events = eo_get_events(array(
    ‘post_type’ => ‘event’,
    ‘numberposts’=>10,
    ‘event_start_after’=>’today’,
    ‘event-venue’ => ‘big-hall’,
    ‘showpastevents’=>true,
    ‘suppress_filters’ => false,
    ));

I have tried different ways, without luck.
    Eirik

Eirik Kyrkjeeide

Other question is how to list only categories that has active events. Not past events.
    Eirik

Eirik Kyrkjeeide

Hi Eirik,

Venues are taxonomy terms, so you can query events in multiple venues using the tax_query argument, with taxonomy set to event-venue. The WordPress codex has examples of the tax_query argument (note WP_Query() arguments can be used in eo_get_events().

Getting the IDs of categories of events matching a query is not straightforward unfortunately. You could query all future events, and then loop through and pull out their categories, but that’s quite costly.

A better, but more complicated way is to attack it directly with SQL. Please note I haven’t tested the code below, so there maybe mistakes, but it should point in you the right direction.

$now = new DateTime();
    $sql = $wpdb->prepare("
      SELECT DISTINCT t.*
      FROM {$wpdb->prefix}_terms AS t
      INNER JOIN {$wpdb->prefix}_term_taxonomy AS tt  #Join the taxonomy table to terms...
      ON t.term_id = tt.term_id 
      JOIN {$wpdb->prefix}_term_relationships AS tr #Join posts to the term relationship table
      ON tr.term_taxonomy_id = tt.term_taxonomy_id
      JOIN {$wpdb->prefix}_posts AS p
      ON p.ID = tr.object_id
      JOIN {$wpdb->eo_events} AS ev
      ON p.ID = ev.post_id
      WHERE tt.taxonomy IN ('event-category')
      AND p.post_type = 'event'
      AND p.post_status = 'publish'
      AND ( ev.StartDate > %s OR (ev.StartDate = %s AND ev.StartTime > %s) )
      ORDER BY t.name ASC;",
      $now->format( 'Y-m-d' ),
      $now->format( 'Y-m-d' ),
      $now->format( 'H:i:s' )
    );
    $cats_with_upcoming_events = $wpdb->get_results( $sql );
    Stephen Harris
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.