Tooltip List items

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 11 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I’ve just been thinking about the idea of having a tootltip of list items. I’m thinking about accomplishing this myself with div tags. It would be a cool integration though. Right now I have mine set up to show the title and the time in a table like this `

[eo_events event_category="colloquium" event_end_before="+1 month" event_end_after="-7 days"]<div id="%event_title%">
    <table class="alignleft" style="margin-bottom: 0px; border: 0px; border-color: white;">
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <td style="padding-top: 0px; border: 0px; border-color: white;"><a href="%event_url%"><b>%event_title%</b></a></td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>
    <table style="float: left; color: grey; ">
    <tbody>
    <tr >
    <td ><i> %start{</i><em>l, F </em><em>jS</em><em>}%</em></td>
    <td >%start{ g:i:a}%</td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table></div>
    [/eo_events]

And I was thinking, if I made another div and that looked like this [ eo_events] <div id="%event_title%hover">%event_tumbnail% %event_content%[/eo_events]</div> and in a jquery set the div to show id=”%event_title%hover” when “%event_title%” is hovered over.
    Anway, That should work in theory right? and I was thinking it would probably be nice if it was integrated in the theme so it was little easier. Just a suggestion, I’ll have to try my method out.

Ashton Murray

Just to clarify, I put the div ID to be the “%event_title%” so that each event in the list would have it’s own div that could be shown or hidden otherwise each div would be the same and would contain all events(I’d think, unless I’m missing something). Do you think this would work? My java skills are limited but I’m thinking I’ll give it a go…..

Ashton Murray

Hi Ashton,

Yeah – should work. I would advise not using the template tags but instead using the template file for the shortcode (assuming you want all instances of the shortcode to be of the same format). It would just make it easier – as WordPress’ TinyMCE can make using HTML a bit of nightmare (or so I found – but if it works for you 🙂 ).

Stephen Harris
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.