Tickets and Bookings

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 9 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Are the two tied together? How simple is the simple booking? Do I have to create a ticket for a user to Book an event? I would like for it to just be as simple as an attending or not attending button. I am using front-end event submission, so the simpler it is for the user (i.e. not having to create tickets) the better.

Gabriel David

Stephen, I apologize – I was being an idiot and was confusing some of the tables from the other events plugin I was using prior to yours. Apparently, they did not remove the tables when I deactivated the plugin!!! Hopefully uninstalling will do the trick.

My bad dude. You can disregard this thread. I’ll post again if I do find I have an actual question regarding your booking system 😛

Gabriel David

Ah, actually I do have a question. When trying to book I get the error:

Please select a ticket.

Though I have simple booking mode enabled and am heeding the following criteria:

This option is selected.
    The event has only one ticket currently on sale.
    You are booking by series, or the event is non-recurring (no date needs to be selected).
    Under those conditions the date and ticket selection is hidden from the booking form, and the booking consist of only one ticket.

The ticket it definitely hidden, but it still doesn’t seem to know to apply it :/

Gabriel David

Hi Gabriel,

Could you provide a link to the site? (If you don’t wish to make it public, you can use this contact form instead).

Just to double check: does the ticket have a positive quantity. (0 quantity doesn’t mean ‘unlimited’ unfortunately – and this is a common error).

Stephen Harris

I believe my error was me assuming 0 meant unlimited on top of not always creating a ticket (which I sort of had a suspicion, which is why I asked how to create a ticket :] ).

On top of that, users can now create an event from the front-end and other users can rsvp to it!

Thanks Stephen.

Now to just figure out how to allow users to edit their front-end submission.

I will probably create a little guide on this when I’m finished.

Gabriel David

That would be great 🙂 – be sure to link to it!

Stephen Harris
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.