Ticket space/cap and series per event.

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums General Question Ticket space/cap and series per event.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  AlphaSmith 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I just purchased the pro version of EO and I’m working through the process of entering our group events. Questions:

(1) When I create an event, the Event Tickets>Add Tickets area allows me to add a number of spaces available. The general Add Tickets area has a “Cap booking at” field. What is the difference in these two? My guess is that you could have, say, children’s tickets, senior tickets, adult tickets with a total ticket count of X? But if you have only ONE kind of ticket the two are redundant. Is that correct?

(2) I have a FEW recurring events that are more like a series, where the signup would be for the entire set of events. Other events have multiple days that can be signed up independently. I don’t see how to set this on a per event basis, but only in the Settings>Event Organiser>Bookings tab, for ALL events.

Thanks for your help.

AlphaSmith

Hi Alison,

The “Cap booking at” field allows you to have more tickets than there are spaces available, and yet still ensure that the number of tickets sold doesn’t exceed the physical spaces available. For instance you may have 10 spaces available at an event, but you don’t mind if those spaces are taken with an adult ticket or a concession ticket. In that case you you would create an adult ticket with 10 spaces, and concession ticket with 10 spaces, and then cap booking at 10.

Of course if you’re selling only one ticket type then this field is redundant.

2) Unfortunately this option exists only as a global option, and cannot be configured per-event. I’ll look into making this a possibility, but I can’t offer any guarantees at the moment. A work-around would be to make tickets only available for the first occurrence (when booking by date you can select for which occurrences a ticket is available). Bookings for that first date would indicate a booking for the entire series.

Stephen Harris

That would be a great option. We offer both kinds of ticketing and I know many others do as well. For example, even movie theaters offer single tickets for any of dozens of showtimes, but also sell summer movie pass bundles.

Thanks for the workaround. I’ll try that.

AlphaSmith
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.