Templating

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Adnan Akbas 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi

How can I tell your templates that they should use my Theme templates options.

Especially for the Event Locations and the categories

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,

Alain

Alain Blaettler

When I setup the Locations and the Events

1. The Calender View looks OK
    2. When I click on a Event into the calender, the site is correct formatted

But when I then click on the locacation link within the details the site is not formatted anymore, it looks like it uses your theme or the WP TwentyEleven or Twelve theme.

Can I change this behaviour?

Kind regards,

Alain

Alain Blaettler

Hi Alain,

The plug-in looks for the following templates in your theme/child-theme:

• single-event.php (Displays event page)
    • taxonomy-event-category.php (Displays category page)
    • taxonomy-event-venue.php (Displays venue page)
    • archive-event.php (Generic event list, e.g. ‘events’ page, ‘events on date’ etc )

If they are not found, it uses the default templates provided (single-event.php is different here in that it uses single.php and prepends event content if it is isn’t present in your theme). These are designed to work with as a many themes possible (and a based on the TwentyEleven/Twelve themes) – but obviously one size can’t fit all…

You can copy the default templates into your theme and edit them (they will then survive updates to the plug-in, and the plug-in will use those templates over the default ones). More details on this can be found here: http://wp-event-organiser.com/documentation/editing-the-templates/

Typically its a good idea to use an existing theme template as a basis, and then add-in the various [API functions[(http://codex.wp-event-organiser.com] if and where you want them (see the default template for examples too). For the venue page, a good place to start is your category.php or taxonomy.php template.

If you have any questions, I’d be happy to help!

All the best,
    Stephen

Stephen Harris

Hi Stephen,

I copied taxonomy-event-venue.php to my child theme. Changing this file has no effect.

“Enable template handling” is checked in settings.<br />
    If I switch to default wordpress themes, the same problem.

What am I missing?

Regards

Adnan Akbas

I figured it out. It was WPML plugin causing the problem. After changing some settings in WPML, my custom tax. template worked.

Adnan Akbas
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.