Taking payment via SumUp

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Kim Harding 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Would it be possible to add a payment gateway to take payment via SumUp?

Kim Harding

Hi Kim,

I’ve had a look through their technical documentation and I’m not sure it will work with Event Organiser’s checkout process.

I’ve two reservations: 1) it requires a two-step process (create the payment, then collect card details), but Event Organizer doesn’t really support this multi-step process

Secondly I cannot see a secure way of verifying a successful payment. There’s no signature to check. It is potentially possible to look up the transaction using their API but its not clear if that is what you should do (e.g. do refunds result in a new transaction or do they update the existing one)

Stephen Harris

That’s a bit of a shame, the first one seems more of a problem than the second, as refund are handled via the SumUp dashboard.

Kim Harding
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.