Stripe gateway only?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Is it possible to choose to have the Stripe gateway only?

There have been a number of instances where the PayPal transaction failed to complete leaving the the ticket booking “pending”, which causes stress and hassle for both the customer and myself. I understand that the PayPal gateway is the dufault payment gateway for the plug-in and so can’t be removed, but I would just like the option to turn it off when not needed.

Thanks

Kim Harding

Yes, you can enable/disable any gateway. To do this go to Settings > Event Organiser > Bookings. Each gateway will have the option of “sandbox”, “production”, or “disabled”.

Stephen Harris

D’oh! Of course, how did I miss that, Thanks!

Just one thing, when I disable PayPal and only have payment via Stripe, the credit card logos disappear, which makes the card payment less obvious and less trust worth (see

With PayPal With PayPal

Without PayPal Without PayPal

Is there anyway to change this styling and get the logos back?

Kim Harding
    Stephen Harris

The icons appear as apart of the gateway choice, which is why they disappear when. there is no choice.

What you could do is add an HTML element immediately before the gateway element in the form customizer, and include images in that.

Stephen Harris

OK, how do I do that? Which file would need to be modified?

Kim Harding

You wouldn’t need to modify a file. Just go to Settings > Event Organiser > Booking Form. Add an HTML element to the appropriate form and place it just above the gateway element. Then enter in any of the HTML you like. (You could get the mark-up of the images the Stripe gateway option uses by enabling another gateway, and doing inspect element in your browser).

Stephen Harris

Ah, OK, I get it now! Yes that works nicely.

Sorry for asking daft questions.

Kim Harding

Not at all 🙂

Stephen Harris
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.