Sorting order for events in Dashboard

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums General Question Sorting order for events in Dashboard

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Adam Abrams 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi! I’ve always wondered (and now my client is asking) why, when viewing events in the Dashboard, (Events –> All Events) there seems to be no way to have the “newest” or soonest upcoming events show up easily, i.e. at the top of the list.

There’s a column header for “Start Date/Time”, but clicking it doesn’t sort events in that way – they remain jumbled.

Am I missing something obvious? Or does it take some extra work (a plugin?) to get that kind of display?

Thanks!
    Adam

Adam Abrams

Hi Adam,

In the all events admin page it lists events not occurrences, so its not straightforward to list them by ‘next occurrence first’. Even if it were possible, ordering by the ‘next occurrence date’ would mean that an event with an occurrence far in the future would appear first, which probably isn’t what the client wants either.

The calendar is the most appropriate display for viewing /finding events by date.

Stephen Harris

Thanks Stephen, I see that the calendar option under that menu is the way to go!

Adam Abrams
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.