Single and double Rooms

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I have the following problem:

My customers wants to use the event organiser for some kind of vacation booking plattform (which works fine):
    But we have the following problem:

Imagine there are 6 rooms with 2 beds. You can book a single bed in a shared room for 700€. Or you can book a bed in a private room (technically the same room) for 1.100€.

Now my problem:
    If somebody books a premium ticket (private room) 2 standard tickets have to disappear.
    And in the same way its impossible to book a premium ticket if only 1 bed is free.
    My customer just created individual tickets and its possible to overbook the system.

Marcus Hertel

Hi Marcus,

I’m afraid I don’t think the plug-in can help here – it was designed for selling tickets for events, not as booking platform.

At best you could create a single ticket for each of the beds, and then require a customer wanting a private room to book two tickets. You could then use a discount code to reduce the price.

Of course, from an end-user perspective this might create a jarring experience but ultimately you could create your own front-end which presents the user with a more intuitive interface and maps that to a valid booking request (The booking form just POSTs data to a URL, so you could do that in the background).

Stephen Harris
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.