Sidebar Disappeared From Single Event Pages

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums General Question Sidebar Disappeared From Single Event Pages

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi! Recently, the Sidebar has Disappeared From Single Event Pages. They still appear on the single web pages and single blog posts throughout the rest of the site, but they do not show on the single event page. I’ve played with the single.php and adding a single-event.php and still no luck. Even tried disabling plugins. Any ideas?

Event Example Page: https://www.yourwellnessconnection.com/event/wellness-consortium-northkc-oct/

Blog Post Example Page: https://www.yourwellnessconnection.com/anti-inflammatory-watermelon-smoothie/

Thanks, Zach

Zachary Cole

Hi Zachary,

It’ll depend on your template settings (Settings > Event Organiser > General) and which files you have in your theme directory.

If you use ‘theme compatibility’ and do not have a single-event.php file in your theme then it should use the same template as a page (page.php). That may or may not have a sidebar depending on the theme.

Stephen Harris

Yeah, I’ve checked that and still nothing. I’ve played with all 3 Tempalate settings “Enable theme compatability mode (default)”, “Enable template handling”, and “Disable template handling” and all threes do not give a sidebar. I have the event sidebar active and setup in the widgets as well.

I would think the “Enable template handling” options would be using the plugins .php. file with the sidebar, but it is also not showing the sidebar either.

There is no single-event.php for the theme the site is on. But this is the theme’s page.php (using Jupiter 6.1.4 Theme)

<hr />

<?php
    /*
    ** page.php
    ** mk_build_main_wrapper : builds the main divisions that contains the content. Located in framework/helpers/global.php
    ** mk_get_view gets the parts of the pages, modules and components. Function located in framework/helpers/global.php
    */

get_header();

Mk_Static_Files::addAssets( ‘mk_button’ );
    Mk_Static_Files::addAssets( ‘mk_audio’ );
    Mk_Static_Files::addAssets( ‘mk_swipe_slideshow’ );

mk_build_main_wrapper( mk_get_view( ‘singular’, ‘wp-page’, true ) );

get_footer();

<hr />

Zachary Cole

I have the setting set to use “Enable template handling” in the Event Organizer Settings, however it is not showing any sidebar. Is there a way to call a particular sidebar and have it on the right side? Using “get_sidebar(‘event’);” seems to just place the sidebar items at the top of the page.

Zachary Cole

get_sidebar() will just print the mark-up for the sidebar contents. You would need to provide the surrounding HTML structure and styling to move the sidebar to the side.

The theme will probably be already doing something similar and you can copy that. My advice would be to create your own single-event.php by basing it off an existing theme template that you want it to appear similar to. You can then edit the newly created template to include the event details.

Stephen Harris
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.