Show VAT/Tax on Booking Form

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Alex Stanhope 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi Stephen,

We are using WP Event Organiser Pro (with the VAT add-on) on a client site; as the site is business-to-consumer, we were wondering if there was an easy way to show the ticket prices (within the “Ticket Picker”) on the single event page to be inclusive of VAT/Tax?

Is there an “upgrade-safe” method that you would recommend to handle this?

I will very much look forward to hearing from you.

Alex

Alex Stanhope

Hi Alex,

Yes this is possible.

You can copy the file event-organiser-pro/templates/eo-ticket-picker.php into your theme and make a change to the line:

<td class="eo-booking-ticket-price"> <?php echo eo_format_price( $ticket['price'], true ); ?> </td>

so that it applies the tax:

<td class="eo-booking-ticket-price"> <?php 
     $vat = function_exists('eventorganiservat_get_vat_percent') ? eventorganiservat_get_vat_percent() : 0;
     $inc_vat = $ticket['price'] * (1 + $vat/100);
     echo eo_format_price( $inc_vat, true ); 
     ?> </td>

By copying the template into your theme it’ll survive updates to the plug-in.

Stephen Harris

Hi Stephen,

That’s brilliant, and works like a charm!

However, what I did notice is that the total is still shown excluding VAT/tax though! Any thoughts on a fix for that at all?

As always, I will very much look forward to any ideas you might have on this!

<td class="eo-booking-total"> 
     <?php echo eo_get_booking_form_total_placholder(); ?>  
    </td>

Alex Stanhope
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.