Show ‘organiser’ in tooltip

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Denise Wunder 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Dear Stephen,

how can I add the ‘organiser’ (wordpress user who created the event) to the tooltip? I only need to show this. No description, no time, (maybe no title).

How can I add this feature without loosing it after updating the plugin?

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,

Martin

Denise Wunder

Which tooltip? The calendar? You can use the eventorganiser_event_tooltip filter: http://codex.wp-event-organiser.com/hook-eventorganiser_event_tooltip.html

To get the organiser:

$organiser_id = (int) get_post($event_id)->post_author;
    $organiser = get_userdata( $organiser_id );

If you mean the venue map, that would be trickier: the tooltip is associated with a venue, not the map. You can use the eventorganiser_venue_tooltip filter (http://codex.wp-event-organiser.com/hook-eventorganiser_venue_tooltip.html) but you would need to determine how you would get the intended event ID From the venue ID.

Stephen Harris

Dear Stephen,

you are right, I meant the calendar tooltip, not the venue tooltip.

Unfortunately, I am not so skilled in PHP coding. Could you give me a more detailed description of what to do? I just need to see the ‘organiser’.

Thanks so much!

Denise Wunder

Hi Martin,

The following in a theme’s functions.php or a custom plugin should do it:

<?php
    add_filter( 'eventorganiser_event_tooltip', 'my_event_calendar_tooltip_content', 10, 4 );
    function my_event_calendar_tooltip_content( $description, $event_id, $occurrence_id, $post ){

$organiser_id = (int) $post->post_author;
        $organiser = get_userdata( $organiser_id );
        $organiser_name = $organiser->display_name;

//Change first value and return it
        return "Content here... organiser: $organiser_name";

};
    ?>

Please note, you’ll need to update an event before the changes to take effect.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by  Stephen Harris.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by  Stephen Harris.
    Stephen Harris

Hi Stepehn,

I tried both methods.

First one was to copy the code at the bottom of my themes function.php file without “<?php” on top.

Second method was to copy the code in a blank php file with “<?php” on top into the wordpress plugin folder.

Nothing worked, even though I’ve always cleared the cache by updating an event.

Could it be that I need to have installed EO Pro? So far I’ve only bought the license, but did not installed it, because i only needed your support 😉

Greetings,

Martin

Denise Wunder

There were a few errors in my original code snippet, which I’ve since corrected. Pro is not required.

The code should go inside <?php ... ?> tags (included in the snippet).

One easy way to do this is to create a file: .../wp-content/mu-plugins/calendar-tooltip.php and paste the entire contents of that snippet (including the <?php ... ?> tags) into it.

Stephen Harris

Absolutely fantastic, Stephen!

Thank you again!

Denise Wunder
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.