show events in a slider

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Mel Fisher 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi,

The church project I am working on asked me if events from a category can be shown in a slider? For example: since Event Organizer uses cpt can I use the views plugin (Toolset) to display calendar events as a CPT?

Or is this possible now?

Thanks Mel Fisher
    Buss Lic owner

• This topic was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by  Mel Fisher.
    Mel Fisher

Hi Mel,

Yes and no. You could include events in the Toolset plugin, but that plug-in is not likely to know how to display the event details (specifically the date) which is likely to be important.

If the views plug-in allows you to provide a custom template, then that’s possible. Otherwise, it might require a custom developed slider (or an alternative slider plug-in that offers templates).

Stephen Harris

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the response… Have others asked this question? It seems like a popular need for having events show up in a slider? I read that Meta Slider allows CPT and The Events Calendar works with it. I will try that next.

Maybe you can contact Meta Slider (very popular slider), it would be a great addon to have…

Thanks as always!
    Mel

Mel Fisher
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.