sending tickets

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi We have a working site with a pro version of even organiser pro but we have set up offline payments -payment info is being sent out after offline payments but the system won’t send tickets or resend tickets.. from the user.. I’ve double checked the email is working its sending test emails and other emails are working fine.
    Im just winding if its missing something.. what steps can i take to debug the sending of tickets /emails to users ?

wolf wolf

So, after an offline payment you’re sending a “payment information” e-mail to the user? Is this the e-mail that’s not sending? If so, where you’ve called eventorganiser_mail() – check the response. It should be true. This doesn’t mean the email was successfully received, only that the method used was able to process the request without any errors. (So it won’t pick up cases of incorrect e-mail / email server not working).

Given some e-mails are working for you I doubt its the latter. But its worth checking that code you’ve added is:

a) Being called<br />
    b) eventorganiser_mail() returns true

If you’re referring to the email sent to the use when payment is confirmed, this should be sent out whenever the status is changed to ‘confirmed’. The bookee gets an email (and depending on the settings – so does the admin). If this the e-mail you’re referring to, or the e-mail you get when you click “resend” then that’ll requrie further debugging – but generally should work.

At this point the most likely cause is that your host is limiting (or perhaps even blocking!) e-mails from your server that is not directed to e-mail accounts hosted on your server. E.g. on mysite.com your host may block/limit emails to any e-mail other than ...@mysite.com. (You’ll be able to test that by using a variety of different e-mail addresses).

If that is the case, you can use an SMTP plug-in to use a third-party e-mail server (e.g. Google). There are instructions at the bottom of this page: http://docs.wp-event-organiser.com/bookings/emailing-attendees/.

Stephen Harris
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.