Same Venue Names

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dan Brubaker 5 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

My client needs to be able to create venues with the same titles but different addresses. I was surprised to find out that this is gives an error and is not possible. I figured that EO would ++ the slugs and allow for this. (Better yet would be appending the city and state to the slug.)

Is there a hook / filter that I can use to allow this functionality?

Dan Brubaker

So the issue here as you point out is duplicate slugs. Unfortunately because there is no suitable filter you can’t change the slug programatically, however I will add such a filter.

In the mean time a work around is to create a venue with a unique name (e.g. include the city) and then edit the venue name afterwards.

Stephen Harris

Ah, yes. I see how that would work. Thank you!

Adding the filter will be great!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by  Dan Brubaker.
    Dan Brubaker

In the next release, the following will be possible:

add_filter('eventorganiser_pre_insert_venue', function($args){
        $args['slug'] = sanitize_title($args['name'] . ' ' . $args['city']);
        return $args;
    });

Stephen Harris

That’s great. Thank you!

Dan Brubaker
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.