Same event, different venues for different dates?

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums Request A Feature Same event, different venues for different dates?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  AK 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

It would be really nice with the option to somehow associate different dates with different venues for the same event.
    I think it would open up great possibilities and I would happily pay for this as an addon.
    I searched the forums and could see similar questions, are there any plans for something like this?
    Either way, it’s an an amazing plugin!

AK

Unfortunately not. Events are a ‘post type’ and venues are a taxonomy so the venue is tied to the event as a whole. There are a number of places where it is assumed that an event has a single venue (i.e. doesn’t need an event and date identifier) so making this change in a backwards compatible way isn’t feasible. So I’m afraid its not a planned feature at this time.

Stephen Harris

Would it be possible to somehow optionally input a comment/word for each date
    (when registering the event).
    …no need to use maps or the venues -taxonomy.

So that a ticket -select list in a bookingform could look something like:

august 4, Stockholm
    september 8, Gothenburg
    october 12, Malmo

…or

august 4
    september 8 – members only
    october 12, new added date

AK
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.