Retrieving order data on Thank you page

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums General Question Retrieving order data on Thank you page

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tom Beavan 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Im setting up some conversion tracking for GA and need to grab the order/event data to pass to the js tracking code. I’ve got a page template set up for the thank you page, but could you point me in the right direction for retrieving that data, or if the order ID is passed to that page and i can get the details from there.

Thanks Will

Tom Beavan

Hi Tom,

At what point do you require the booking ID? On the thank you page?

That isn’t passed by default. You could change the ‘return to’ page URL dynamically to include the ID in the URL, but a much better way would be to be use this free plug-in which adds the booking ID to current user’s session: https://github.com/shankie-san/eo-confirmation-page-session

That plug-in over-writes some templates, so you’ll probably want to edit those templates for your needs. (You might not even need to override the templates)

Stephen Harris

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for this. I did actually stumble across an old forum from another of your customers which mentioned about that session plugin which i could see already stores the booking ID in. So am just grabbing the ID from there and using it on my order confirmation template.

Thanks for your help.

Tom Beavan
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.