Registration date/time independent of event

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums Request A Feature Registration date/time independent of event

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I’d like to be able to set the registration/ticketing for an event independent of the event itself.

As it stands, once an event begins, the ticketing closes. In fact, to the best I can tell, it closes as soon as it is the same DAY as the first event, even before the event begins. So if I have a Monday afternoon event, the registration closes at midnight (?) Monday or something.

Often I have people trying to sign up last minute, but they can’t because It’s closed.

Also, often I have an event that is a series that I would like to leave open until full, even if the first event has occurred. For example, I run a boys game club (http://homeschool-open-source.com/events/event/boys-game-club/). I don’t want any more than 15 boys to sign up, but it’s not full — even though it started in September. So I want to be able to allow people to continue to register until/unless if fills up.

***related

I’d also like the option of having the REGISTRATION for an event to show up on the calendar. For example, if I have ski passes that begin in December, but the signup is from October 1-15, most people won’t see it until the registration has passed.

I know I could create a registration event that links to the event or something, would just be nice if they were integrated somehow.

Thoughts?

AlphaSmith

BTW, the kludge to create a registration event that links to the actual event is only feasible if it’s very short term. You wouldn’t want, for example, to clog up the calendar with all the ongoing registrations (like the boys club).

AlphaSmith

Hi Alison,

First of all, apologies that its taken a week to reply to this. For some reason I wasn’t notified when you posted this (and few of the other posts you made).

As it stands, once an event begins, the ticketing closes. In fact, to the best I can tell, it closes as soon as it is the same DAY as the first event, even before the event begins. So if I have a Monday afternoon event, the registration closes at midnight (?) Monday or something.

Tickets close (for a particular occurrence) when that particular occurrence starts. For single events then you get ‘bookings are closed’ message as soon as the event starts. It does this by time. So if you have an event from 9.30pm to 10:30pm you can book right up until 9:30pm. (Unless you’ve chosen to take the ticket off sale before that time).

For all day events, since the start time is effectively 00:00, bookings will close on that day.

If you’ve set dates for the ticket these are by date only, and not time. (This will change in 1.5 where you can specify time too).

Are you selling tickets ‘by date’ or ‘by series’?

(If you’re experiencing something different to the above, its probably a bug and I’ll happily look into it, but I’ve double checked the above on a test install and it’s working as expected.)

Stephen Harris

I should add that if selling tickets “by date” then the you can’t booking for an occurrence if it has started, but you can, of course, book for any future occurrences.

In general you’ll get a ‘Bookings are closed’ message once the last occurrence has started.

Stephen Harris

Stephen,
    I have an event which begins on September 16th (set up as an ‘all day’ event) and I would like to set registration to automatically close at midnight, September 13th. Is that possible?
    Thank you!
    Cindy

Cindy Fry

Hi Cindy,

Yes, you can set a ‘sale period’ for the event’s ticket. Just set the tickets to come off sale on the 16th.

Stephen Harris
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.