Querying events by venues custom field

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums General Question Querying events by venues custom field

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  whyservices 11 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi Stephen, currently testing out 1.7 beta and the new _city venues custom field. (If you’re curious why, have a look at the http://goo.gl/REX8R sidebar search)

This may sound trivial, but I’d like to query for all the events taking place in a city. Looks like there’s not a function, and I don’t have any idea how to do it. Any advice? (btw, in the beta all looking working properly so far..) Best, Andrea

andrebalza

Hi Andrea,

Awesome :).

You can’t query events by venue automatically (but this will be supported in the pro add-on). A work around would be to query the venues separately (requires some custom SQL as taxonomy terms don’t natively support meta data) some and use WP_Query‘s tax_query attribute.

(I’ll be posting more information about the Pro add-on on soon, provisionally I’m planning for a March release).

Stephen Harris

The solution is beyond my proficiency level it seems.. After a brief consultation I think we will wait for this feature.

Well, this pro add-on will be so chock-full of features that I will have to get it 🙂

Regards and have a good dev time, Andrea

andrebalza

I second that, a feature just like now when showing all events in a certain venue, applicable to city and country – that would be awesome.

whyservices
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.