Pro: Allow different events to use different payment

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums Request A Feature Pro: Allow different events to use different payment

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Ricardo Lodroño 10 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

As our club is statewide (huge) we have regional people running events and they have different accounts for collecting funds. Because things just can’t be too complicated, right?

Anyway, my wish list would be:

Allow more than one PP account and Offline Payment and/or
    Allow event organisers (the person, I mean) to select which payment type, ie PP or Offline when creating the event – that is events running at the same time have different payment types.

Remove the membership thing (as previously discussed in General forum) and allow Guests to book events.

I hope this all makes sense.

Sue

Hi Sue,

Regarding your first point – could the site work as a multisite? You could then network install the plug-in and each site has its own settings. Just a thought! This will probably not make it into the ‘core’ of the plug-in because it’s a feature that will be useful for some, but then not so for much for a lot people (and I like to avoid unnecessary bloat in the user interface!). I may release it as a (free) add-on though!

Remove the membership thing (as previously discussed in General forum) and allow Guests to book events

Will be in 1.1 hopefully (expected Mid-late May).

Stephen Harris

No, worries Stephen. I totally understand not wanting to add stuff that the vast majority wouldn’t use.

Not wanting to moan on and on (but…) but what about a third option of a redirection (e.g. PayPal, Offline Payment and redirect)?

However, thinking about it, it would only really “work” if the Editor could select which payment option to use on the particular event (rather than having the “Select a payment gateway” field appear to the user on the event details).

Anyway, just putting it out there. EO is pretty damn cool as is.

Sue

Just asking, Is the option of guest members allowed to book events implemented in the current version? Thank you! I found really useful this one…

Ricardo Lodroño

HI Ricardo,

Nope, it’ll be in 1.1 (shall be released in the coming week). There are currently two options:

• Guests cannot place bookings
    • Guests can place bookings, but an account is created for them

In 1.1 there shall be a third:

• Guests can place bookings, and optionally register for an account.

Note 1.2 will introduce booking history / ‘upcoming events you’re attending’ widgets/shortcodes – if a booking is made by a guest who does not register an account these features will not be available for that user.

Stephen Harris

Thank you Stephen, you’re AWESOME
    Keep the good work!

Ricardo Lodroño
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.