Plugin styling other items that have nothing to do with it.

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums General Question Plugin styling other items that have nothing to do with it.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

My theme as any has its own style sheet and different styling for its functions. I have tour tabs set up on a couple of pages. These tabs are functions in built with my theme. My issue is that this plugin is changing the appearance of them. When I inspect the elements and see where they are getting their style from it is pointing to the Event manager front end.
    Any suggestions?

Jason Crowell

You mean Event Organiser, right ;)? What specific part of the stylesheet is causing the problem?

Stephen Harris

The styling is coming from the event organiser front end.css

In particular .ui-widget-content. I would have thought that the themes style sheet would rank higher in the hierarchy? any ideas?

Jason Crowell

Unfortunately not – the theme’s style.css is usually first. What you can do is copy the contents of event-organiser-front-end.css to your theme’s style.css (and edit as appropriate) and add the following to your theme:

add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'jason_theme_disable_eo_stylesheet' );
    function jason_theme_disable_eo_stylesheet(){
        wp_deregister_style('eo_front');
        wp_deregister_style('eventorganiser-front-end');
    }

(The second one is there is to ‘future proof’ this snippet. I’ll be updating script/style handles for consistency.)

In future updates you’ll be able to over-ride the plug-in’s stylesheets in much the same way asyou can over-ride template pages. I’ll also try and ensure class names are non-generic, but this is not always possible: e.g. the calendar uses (part of) jQuery stylesheet which are fairly generic.

Stephen Harris

Actually,

wp_deregister_style('eventorganiser-front-end');

won’t be necessary. The handle eo_front will remain as it is.

Stephen Harris
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.