Place holder shortcode

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 11 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Where can I edit the placeholder shortcode? I’d like to remove the

<

ul> and tags. When I went to the shorcode-event-list.php file I found this:The template is used for displaying the [eo_event] shortcode unless it is wrapped around a placeholder: e.g. [eo_event] {placeholder} [/eo_event]
    Suggesting that this file would not edit my shortcode because I am using the placeholder version of the shortcode is that correct? I tried replacing the ul tags with p tags and I saw no change

Ashton Murray

I’m looking to remove the ” <ul> and <li> tags” … looks like they didn’t show up before

Ashton Murray

That’s correct – you can either use the placeholder, or for complete control of how the shortcode displays the dates you can not use the placeholder and edit the template file.

Editing the template file allows you to remove/replace the ul/li tags as well editing what information is displayed.

See this page.

Stephen Harris
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.