PHP 7 Warning

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Clare Odonoghue 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

ran a compatibility check on a customer site to see if I could upgrade php to 7.x for them, but got a warning on wp-event-organiser.. See image below.

https://cloudup.com/c1o8XPmZId2

Can you help? Thanks!

Clare Odonoghue

Hi Clare,

The plug-in is compatible with PHP 7 and 7.1.

The warning I can see relates to a bit of code which is simply checking if asp_tags are enabled (they can’t be on PHP 7.0+) and displaying an error if they are (the plug-in doesn’t support asp_tags).

The plug-in has been tested against PHP 7, and I’m aware of a number of other customers who are running it on PHP 7+ without any issues.

I’ve also seen similar reports for Event Organiser, and they were all false positives too.

So you should be fine to update 🙂

Stephen Harris

Thanks!

Clare Odonoghue
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.