Permission to edit recurring events

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums General Question Permission to edit recurring events

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Andy Burns 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I have users who are not admins, needing to edit recurring events. They are unable to edit them because they do not see the box with a checkbox that says

This is a recurring event. Check to edit this event and its
    recurrences If you edit the event’s dates you will need to update any
    event tickets. If you remove a date, any bookings for that date will
    be ignored until you re-assign them an event date.

I am using User Role Editor and they have full permissions over events and I removed meta box restrictions as well.

Andy Burns

That box isn’t related to permissions. It appears for all recurring events regardless of the privileges of the user editing the event.

It’s simply a check to ensure the user realises that my editing the event’s date details they might create new dates and/or delete existing ones, and that the tickets may need to be updated.

Stephen Harris

It does not show for non-admin users for us, see here https://lpgeorgia.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/22/2018/11/eo-recurring.png.

What could cause this or at worst is there a hack to remove this check?

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by  Andy Burns.
    Andy Burns

Somehow URE Pro is at fault as when it is deactivated the check shows for all users. You say it is not permissions related but maybe it actually is permissions related.

We tried to dig into the code and comment out sections that related but no success.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by  Andy Burns.
    Andy Burns

Resolved, unchecking ‘Show plugins/themes notices to admin only’ in User Role Editor – Options allows it to work. However, in a multisite structure, showing those notices is not the right setting.

I guess this works :/ I’d really prefer this check did not exist. We don’t use the bookings (instead we use CiviCRM).

Andy Burns
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.