Paypal refunds changing booking status?

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums General Question Paypal refunds changing booking status?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Shaun Woods 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hello,

My client recently needed to refund a bunch of event sales. They did this directly via the PayPal interface.

When they checked the Bookings in their WordPress site, they spotted that these refunded bookings had turned from ‘Confirmed’ to ‘Pending’.

We were wondering whether this was a feature of the plug-in (i.e. changing the status automatically after a PayPal refund)? I wasn’t aware this was possible, and the client is sure that they didn’t change the status of these bookings manually, so I wanted to check whether this had been done automatically by the plug-in.

Many thanks for any help you can offer.

Shaun Woods

Hi Shaun,

No, there’s no automated status change when a booking us refunded. The booking should be confirmed once payment has been verified (this happens automatically for all but the offline gateway). Thereafter the status is only manually changed.

Stephen Harris

Hi Stephen, and thanks for coming back to me – that’s helped to narrow-down the possible causes 🙂

Thanks again for your help.
    Shaun

Shaun Woods
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.