Not all upcoming events showing in Dashboard list view

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums General Question Not all upcoming events showing in Dashboard list view

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Adam Abrams 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi Stephen! When I view events in the Dashboard, the number of events listed sometimes appears to be less than it should. Right now for example, if I filter the view to only show future events, it says “39 items” up at the top. This is correct, as 39 upcoming events have been added. However only 20 results are shown in the actual list, 2 pages of 10 posts each.

I do see all these events when going to Events –> Calendar View in the Dashboard, but since all these events are on the same day (it’s an online film festival) that’s an awkward way to view them. My client is a film festival and they much prefer the standard WordPress back-end list view while they’re entering and editing these upcoming events. Is that possible? Thanks!

• This topic was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  Adam Abrams.
    Adam Abrams

Hi Adam,

Unfortunately I’ve not been able to replicate this. Is there any pattern on the missing events? WordPress is largely responsible for that page, which means another plug-in could possibly being causing this – do you have any plug-ins activated wihich hide/remove posts/pages or any other post type from the posts page?

Stephen Harris

Thanks for the quick reply and for looking into this. I’ll look into this further tomorrow and let you know if I find another plugin is the culprit (or if there’s some common denominator amongst the posts that aren’t listed).

Adam Abrams

OK, I checked and there isn’t any plugin active that has anything to do with post or page listing, showing or hiding so it doesn’t seem to be that.

However I did disable all but the Event Organiser plugins (on a staging site copy) and there was no change.

I’d been running an old version of EO Pro but updated it on the staging site – however the issue remains.

Interestingly, there’s a mismatch between indicated number and displayed number of events, for all the standard groupings listed at the top of the Events page in the back end: All, Mine, Drafts, Trash, and Published. In all cases, the number of pages of results indicated, times 10 per page, doesn’t add up to the total number of events given.

Could you perhaps have a look at the back end if I send you the login info?

Adam

Adam Abrams

Happy New Year, Stephen! Wondering if you might have a chance to look into this… my client’s film fest is coming up soon and it would be great if we could sort this out. (Though we can certainly manage as the problem is not a functionality-breaker, just inconvenient.). Thanks!

Adam Abrams

Never mind, it’s solved – and is nothing to do with Event Organiser! I switched from the Divi theme to a different one and the problem disappeared. Also noticed that the problem affected regular Pages as well, not just events. Now to take this up with Divi support!

Adam Abrams

Final note for future readers of this thread: it wasn’t Divi’s fault.

It was a coding error in my child theme.

Didn’t want to unfairly malign my favourite site builder!

Adam Abrams
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.