No Tax on Bookings

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dave Navarro 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

How do I disable tax on bookings?

Dave Navarro

Pro doesn’t apply tax by default, so you can either disable the VAT plugin or set the rate to 0 (in Settings > Event Organiser > Bookings). You can’t configure it on a booking, or event basis.

Stephen Harris

I don’t see any place in “Settings->Event Organiser->Bookings” for rate. And I’m in the U.S. so I don’t have the VAT plugin installed.

enter image description here

Dave Navarro

In that case, I’m not sure what’s adding the tax. Pro doesn’t have a tax feature, that’s provided by the VAT extension. (Although called VAT, the plug-in serves as adding the ability to add a sales tax).

Where are you seeing the tax?

Stephen Harris

They were charged tax

Dave Navarro

According to PP support, the payment request sent to PP included a request for tax.

Dave Navarro

Apart from the VAT extension, the plug-in doesn’t set any tax rate. However PayPal, it seems, does have a profile setting where you can automatically apply tax to purchases made through PayPal Payments standard (which is used by the plug-in), so perhaps this is where it’s being added?

Stephen Harris

It was turned on, I turned it off, so we’ll see what happens.

Thanks!

Dave Navarro
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.