Multiple Booking Form on the same page

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums General Question Multiple Booking Form on the same page

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    according to the documentation you currently support only one booking form per site. What are the reasons for this limitation? Is there any way to get around it?

I am creating a page for a restaurant and they want to have a reservation feature for several recurring events on the same page. As the descriptions of these events are quite short it would make sense to list them all on the same page, and add a toggable section for the reservation to each description.

I tried this out and noticed a problem with the ticket picker. I think it always displays the occurrences of the last event on the page. Is this only an issue with the javascript code or is this also a backend problem? Are there other problems to be aware of?

Christian Voigt

Hi Christian,

The JavaScript does assume that there’s only one booking form, and I think it would take a substantial rewrite to address that. Also form fields will have HTML IDs which shouldn’t be duplicated on the same page (that itself it doesn’t generally cause problems, but ties back to the JavaScript). Lastly, one successfully submitting a booking you would probably see a success message on all booking forms.

In terms of back-end, it doesn’t really matter. It just receives a $_POST payload which it processes appropriately.

Stephen Harris

Hi Stephen,

we have a very similiar problem. We show the events in an accordion via eo_events shortcode and a customized shortcode-event-list.php. There is also an initial event_booking_form_id shortcode on that page.

When opening the accordion, we replace this initial form via ajax by an new event_booking_form event_id shortcode (with the id of the selected accordion tab).

Though that didn’t solve the problem, I guess because of the javascript. Do you see any way to make this work?

Thanks

Rolf

Rolf Hillen

Hi Rolf,

Unfortunately this isn’t possible as its written; the JavaScript expects certain variables (such as event ID, the dates of the event etc) to be present and doesn’t have any way of storing multiple values for those; The JavaScript code itself assumes there’s only one form on the page.

Stephen Harris
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.