Issue: Booking Form – No custom field options

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums General Question Issue: Booking Form – No custom field options

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I can not add additional fields to the Booking Form. The Booking Form editor page doesn’t show anything on the right side, as shown in the documentation http://docs.wp-event-organiser.com/quick-start/customising-the-booking-for/

My wp admin screenshot: http://prntscr.com/jxvdmd

Does anyone know what could be causing this? Thank you.

Rick

Rick Chant

SOLVED!

After disabling several useless plugins (previous dev), the new field options appeared on the right side of the Booking Form editor page.

I suspect the culprit was a conflict with ‘Advanced Custom Fields Pro’ plugin OR the awful ‘Squirrly SEO 2018 (Briefcase)’ plugin. Both were added by the previous dev or site owner.

Hope that helps anyone else with the same issue. Cheers!

Rick Chant

Hi Rick,

Its likely that one of those plugins was throwing a JavaScript error that prevented Event Organiser’s scripts from executing.

If anyone else gets this issue, open your browser’s console log and refresh the page: the error message should indicate what the problem is and from where it originates.

Stephen Harris

Thank you Stephen. Great plugin.

One suggestion is you add multiple currencies to your shop page. I had to do some currency converting of my own to work out your prices (I’m an Aussie). Thanks.

Rick Chant

I have looked into this issue and the element with id “eventorganiser-form-fixed-mb” has some javascript code that changes the “position” attribute to “absolute” and the “top” to different values depending on how much you scroll. However the actual element is always placed above the viewport, rendering the fields box invisible.

Cristopher Walker

Hi Christopher,

I’ve just sent you an email about this.

Stephen Harris
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.