Importing / Syncing events form other sources

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums Request A Feature Importing / Syncing events form other sources

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Michael 11 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Maybe there is a way to accomplish this in another way but maybe this could be an add on idea out in the wild.

I look after a community site and lots of people post events to our site. Some of them are nightclub or venue owners that have many shows and use Google Calender and Facebook events. It would be great if I could import/sync there events with one of the two outside sources into EO. I’m will be doing this manually for them to save their time but would love an easier way for me.

I’ve not tried but maybe you can answer this, if I import an ical file will it make duplicates of event already in place or will the import feature skip them?

Is there any methods to do this some how? Suggestions even…

Michael

I have a feature request very similar.

I run a calendar where I would like to automatically add events from a RSS (maybe other types of feeds in the future).

I am thinking that this could be done by having a cron job checking the RSS and setup new events on a regular interval. If you could then have the system automatically add tags or categories to all the imported events from a given feed i would be in heaven.

Best regards,
    Carsten

Carsten Lajgaard

mmm… this has been requested a couple of times.

Maybe I’ll create an add-on for it (I don’t want to make the core plug-in too ‘heavy’). The only problem is how the imported event behaves – if I import an event from Facebook (for example) and edit it, should it update it on Facebook? If I import it and the event is updated on Facebook – should it be updated on the site. But what if updated on both Facebook & the site.

I think it has to be either complete sync, or just a manual import (which you can do if you can get an ICS file).

If anyone has created something like this, or is planning to please post here 🙂 (It should be possible to create an add-on like this with the existing API – so if anyone wants a go…)

Stephen Harris

For me it would be best to have the events sync on the outside end. One of our poster uses Facebook events and I post for them. If I could just import there feed it would be great. This way if they update it on FB it changes on my site.

Michael
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.