Import an Export Events

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 11 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi Stephen,

first: thanks for die 1.6 update, the reoccuring events are working.

Now I do have another question: is it possible to export Events and import them to another Event Organiser?
    We do have different subdomains representing different areas, but some events are relevant for multiple areas. It would be great to have the option to export an import them, instead of adding a new event at every subdomain.

Kind rigards,

Irene

Irene

Yes and no – and for your use case, probably not (currently)….

You can import/export events via the ICAL fields – but this does not copy across post meta, or venue/category meta (eg. address, category colour). The reason is that ICAL fields do not provide for this (and adding it breaks some calendar readers – Google, for one).

I’m working on a way to do this. I would like to get WordPress to handle it via the native export feature – but this is not possible because of this ticket.

Stephen Harris
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.