How to remove Year from start date with multi day event occurs in the same year

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums General Question How to remove Year from start date with multi day event occurs in the same year

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Alicia St Rose 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I have a site I’m developing that promotes multi-day retreats.
    On the single event page the date reads:

December 12, 2013 thru December 17, 2013

Is there any way to remove the first occurence of the year so that it reads:

December 12 thru December 17, 2013?

Thanks so much!

Alicia St Rose

Hi Alicia,

Yes :

//Set up formats
      $format_with_year  = 'F d, Y';
      $format_without_year  = 'F d';

//Set format according to whether the event starts and ends in the same year or not:
      $format = ( eo_get_the_start('Y') == eo_get_the_start('Y') ? $format_without_year: $format_with_year );

echo eo_get_the_start( $format ) . ' thru ' . eo_get_the_end( $format_with_year );

(I’ve assumed here ‘multiday’ meant long-day, but if you meant a recurring event, a similar method can be used).

Stephen Harris

It was for a long day event and it worked perfectly!

Thank you so much!

Alicia St Rose
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.