How do I use the "Change booking notification email" feature

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums General Question How do I use the "Change booking notification email" feature

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  JB Woodruff 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I’m very interested in adding an additional email to receive a notification when an event is booked; however, the documentation does not state where I need to add/modify this code. Can you please point me in the right direction of where to modify the code?

Regards,

JB

JB Woodruff

Are you referring to this post? The referenced code should (ideally) go in a seperate plug-in, but it will also work in your theme’s functions.php. (There’s more details on this here: wp-event-organiser.com/blog/tutorial/where-should-i-put-code-from-the-tutorials/)

Stephen Harris

That is the post/feature that I’m referring to. Given that code, is it possible to enter a specific email address vs. having it use the post author’s email address? I’m assuming I need to enter it in this piece of code in the $emails line; however, I don’t know the correct syntax to add a specific email address. Can you please help? example would be test@123.com that I want to add.

//If the user exists, add their email to notify both organiser and admin
    if( $user_obj ){
    $emails[] = $user_obj->user_email;
    }

return $emails;      
    JB Woodruff

I believe that this should work:

add_filter( 'eventorganiser_booking_notification_email', 'my_booking_notification_email', 10, 2 );
    function my_booking_notification_email( $emails, $booking_id ){

//Add extra email address to array
          $emails[] = 'test@123.com';

return $emails;        
    }
    • This reply was modified 10 years, 3 months ago by  Stephen Harris.
    Dario

Thank you again for your help with this.

I added this to the functions.php in my theme; however, it made my site go blank. Figured I’d need to add a ?> to the end, but that didn’t seem to fix things. Any thoughts?

Regards,

JB

JB Woodruff

Your functions.php file should start with <?php and end with ?> with the above code in the middle.

Or you could put it into your own custom utility plugin (which is the recommended way anyway) — see this tutorial.

I’m pretty sure that the modified code should work, but I haven’t tested it, will test later in the week when I have some free time if this issue hasn’t been resolved.

Dario

Both my original post, and Dario’s were missing a comma in between 'eventorganiser_booking_notification_email' and “’my_booking_notification_email’` (now corrected). The code snippets should work ok now.

Stephen Harris

Works like a charm. Thank you very much for your help with this one.

JB Woodruff
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.