how can i make this?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Waiter 11 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

hi! can you help me to do something like this? I don’t now how i can start! 🙁 this is made with your plugin… help me realize it!

why i can’t upload picture?
    here is the link…

http://oi47.tinypic.com/2ekhi4n.jpg

• This topic was modified 11 years, 2 months ago by  leonardus.
    leonardus

Hi Leonardus,

Can you explain what you’re trying to do? Do you want to view events by month (if so, the plug-in already provides a per-month archive – see Permalinks tab of the plug-in settings).

Stephen Harris

hi Stefhen,
    thank you for you response.

i need to create a page that show an event list with:

date (most recent above)
    -title of event
    -venue
    -a few words of article (with […] or [read more] at the end)

and in the same page I need a per-mouth archive but I haven’t pretty permalink, i use default permalink (like http://leonardus.zz.mu/?p=123) can i make this with my permalink?

you can see how your plug in works in my site at http://leonardus.zz.mu/?post_type=event.
    1. why my sidebar is below the article?
    2. can I order events with the most recent date at the top?

thank you very much.

leonardus

Hi Leonardus

1. why my sidebar is below the article?

Most likely its a theme-plug-in compatibility issue. The default templates don’t always work well with the theme, but you can edit them. I’d recommend editing the template (archive-event.php) to match (in terms of HTML mark-up) one of your theme’s templates (e.g. archive.php).

(Specifically look at the ID of primary – in your theme it uses main-col, and it seems to be wrapping the sidebar within some elements).

i need to create a page that show an event list with:

You’ll want to use this shortcode: http://wp-event-organiser.com/documentation/shortcodes/event-list-shortcode/

can I order events with the most recent date at the top?

By default events are listed in chronological order. You can change the order – but I think what you want to do is only display future events? You can do that too – see the shortcode details I linked to above- for the event pages there is an option in the plug-in settings.

and in the same page I need a per-mouth archive

I’m afraid this doesn’t exist (yet) – maybe in 1.8? The archive pages do already exist though (urls given in ‘Permalink’ settings tab of the plug-in pages)

Stephen Harris

ok. I try your solution…

i need to sort the event in this mode:

february 10, 2013
    february 09, 2013

genuary 30, 2013
    genuary 29, 2013

can you help me? I can’t see solution in shortcode…
    thanks.

leonardus

Stephenharris

I had a similar problem as LeonardUS. I am using Coraline theme, and may be onto a solution,

The problem is, when I display “events” it crams everything onto the left panel, and the panel starts at the top instead of under the normal heading. Whats weird, when Im editing the event and hit “Preview” everything displays correctly.

Please keep in mind that although I’m somewhat computer savvy, this is my real first shot at wordpress, php, etc. Anyway, heres what I did and it seems to be working:

I went to the events subfolder and made copies of

single-event.php
    achive-event.php
    taxonomy-event-venue.php
    taxonomy-event-catagory.php

I then copied those files to the Coraline folder.

I then edited teach of those four files with the following:

Just below the “get-header(); ?>” I changed

<

div id=”primary” class=”site-content”>
    to

<

div id=”content-container”>

This seems to be working.
    John Mc

Waiter
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.