Google calendar sync

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 11 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I am using the google public events feed, but every time I import it the time is incorrect by 4 hours on each event. I have tried 3 seperate accounts. I have checked my timezones in google, but with no correction to the problem. The webcal feature seems to work perfectly.
    Any suggestions? Anyone else having this problem?

Jason

Hi Jason,

What is the timezone setting of your Google calendar and WordPress site?

Stephen Harris

Both of my timezones were set to Eastern standard time (UTC – 5 currently because of daylight savings time). For anyone else that may have this problem, I couldn’t use the manual time settings in wordpress, but had to make sure I chose a city that was close instead or else the time would be off. When I went back and changed that it worked perfectly! Thanks Stephen for your help and fantastic plugin!

Jason

Hey Guys I am having an issue with incorporating the code that was provided to sync with my Google calendar. I pasted this code “[eo_subscribe class=”button” title=”Subscribe with Google” type=”google”] Subscribe to Events [/eo_subscribe]” into my events description. When the link is clicked it takes me to my Google Calendar as it should and asks me if I would like to subscribe. I then click yes. At that point all is imported but not at the correct time zone. My WordPress is set to New York City (USA)

The time zone that is being imported according to my Google calendar is “(GMT+00:00) GMT (no daylight saving)” How do I change this so that both link up to my North American Eastern Time Zone – or – New York City (USA) time zone?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Mike

miker

Hi Miker,

All dates are converted to GMT for Google (ical) feeds. Your Google calendar should then convert the date/times to the timezone you have set in your Google calendar options. Note that all day events are not affected by timezones. That is, an all day event on the 28th March is considered to occur all day on the 28th March regardless of the timezone you are using.

Stephen Harris
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.