Front-end event submission: exclude categories; the_content

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums General Question Front-end event submission: exclude categories; the_content

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  David Schmeltzle 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hello Stephen,

both questions are about front-end event submissions:

1) Is it possible to exclude categories to which events can be assigned on the front-end?

2a) We’d like to have a visual editor included in the event submission form, including media upload.

2b) And then ideally, content entered into the visual editor would populate standard wordpress post content. Is any of this possible?

Thank you,

Helen

Willow

Hi Helen,

1) Not at present, but I’d be happy to add a filter in for the next version so you can remove certain categories

2) The visual editor for event content is already supported. Simply add the ‘event content’ field from under ‘Event Fields’. Uploading media for the content isn’t supported, although users can upload an image for the event (see the event thumbnail field). The reason for not allowing media uploads in the event content is because such uploads would have to be done prior to the event form being processed, and with the user potentially logged-out. A logged-out user wouldn’t be able to see any media they’d previously uploaded, and a malicious user could upload any number of media files to your server.

For logged-in users, this might be a viable (opt-in) option, but I would need to look into it more.

Stephen Harris

Excluding categories would be fantastic.
    When do you think a new version with this option might be available?

And yes, excited to see that content works as described 🙂

Thank you

Willow

Oh, another question:
    Can the venue capacity be set from the front-end as well?
    We’d like event organizers to manage that themselves.

Thank you again

Willow

A FES update is currently in development and will follow a Pro v1.11.0 which is due out later this month.

The ability to allow frontend users to manage tickets shall be in that version too.

Please note that event capacities are set on an event/ticket basis – note venue basis,.

Stephen Harris

Per-event ticket management is exactly what we need, even though I phrased it as “venue capacity”.

Looking forward to the update then. Thank you!

Willow

Hey Stephen, we’re looking for a filter on categories for FES too. Did this ever make it in? I can’t find it in source. I thought there may be a filter in eo_event_category_checklist() but didn’t see anything.

David Schmeltzle
    David Schmeltzle
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.