Exclude Date in Event Date Range

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Sergei Mamotov 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Sometimes an event will go on for a few days with a day break. For example we had to enter an event which went on from January 19th to 23rd, excluding the Sunday (Jan 21st). However unless I am mistaken, we cannot specifically select dates for events. If we had an option to select specific dates for events from a calendar, this would solve the issue. Is this possible? If not, will such a feature come in the future?

Thanks

Sadik Bhimani

Hi Sadik,

This feature does exist :). You can use the add/remove occurrences button when editing the event to add or remove dates.

Stephen Harris

Hello,
    I have got a related question and therefore post it here.
    I’ve found the “Include/Exclude occurrences” option for adding/editing events in the backend but have not found a way yet to offer this in the front end submission.
    Is there a way to enable it or do I need to modify a PHP file perhaps?

Thank you and best regards

Sergei Mamotov

Hi Sergei,

That’s not an option at the moment. It would be a bit more involved than just editing a PHP file unfortunately, since you would need to also had the javascript (if you wanted calendar like behaviour that you get on the backend), as well as editing the front-end form template file, and modifying the event with the included/excluded dates.

Stephen Harris

Hello,

thank you very much for your fast reply. I will do anything necessary to add this option as it is absolutely essential for my project. Any advice or code hints are highly appreciated!

Regards

Sergei Mamotov
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.