Events page does not load content

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hello,

Two questions:

I have just installed Event Organiser Pro and have first synced it with my Google calendar. The import worked well, and all data was imported and visible on the back-end. However, none of the events contained any text on the front-end. Titles and dates are there, but if I click on a single event to see the event description the page is empty.
    To make sure that it is not a problem with the ICal sync, I deleted all events and manually created a test event. It’s the same: it does not show the event information. Please help!
    http://www.chenrezig.com.au/CInew/

The other problem is the formatting/styles of the calendars. My theme seems to overrule the templates from Event Organiser, it looks quite ugly. How can I easily change the formatting of the different calendar and event displays so it looks similar to your demo? http://wp-event-organiser.com/demo/events/event/
    I’m not very experienced with coding…

Thank you for your help!

Eva Mueller

Hi Eva,

By default the plug-in uses your theme’s single.php . So it’d be a case of making sure that template is set up properly. There should be a call to the_content() in there somewhere. I’ll be in touch via e-mail in case you need any further help with this.

Regarding editing the temlates, the plug-in comes with a variety of templates which you can move to your theme and edit there (by moving the templates into your theme, you can update the plug-in without loosing any changes). These template files can all be found in event-organiser/templates. (Documentation on editing the templates can be found here.)

The template you’re interested in is archive-event.php (and taxonomy-event-venue.php, taxonomy-event-category.php if you’re using venues & categories).

Usually it’s best to copy the same layout as your theme’s existing templates (e.g .index.php or archive.php). In your case I’d recommend removing the get_sidebar(), and additionally making any ‘comestic’ changes by editing your theme’s style.css.

Stephen Harris
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.