Events List > order and appearance

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Christian von Wolkahof 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Dear Stephen,

I really like Event Organiser Pro and use it on 3 websites. However, I am stuck on a particular design problem: I want to show an events list of all future events in the following appearance:

Date (start date – end date) [new line]<br> Event title (as clickable link)

as in here:

July 6 – 7, 2019<br> 2 Day Workshop

respectivly:

Aug 31 – Sep 5, 2019<br> 3 Day Workshop for Beginners

All without the list-dots (if possible)

For me as a non coder it is extremely difficult to figure out the use or edit of a php template – and even with telling a shortcode what to exactly bring up I did not succeed.

I am very grateful for you heading me in the right direction,

Thank you very much,

Chris

• This topic was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by  Christian von Wolkahof. Reason: trying to make my question clearer :-)
    Christian von Wolkahof

Hi Chris,

You can use the event list shortcode:

[eo_events event_start_after="now"] %event_range{F d, Y}{}%<br><a href="%event_url%">%event_title%</a>[/eo_events]

Whether the list dots appear, depends on your theme, but is easily removed with a CSS rule:

ul.eo-events-shortcode {
         list-style:none!important;
     }

Stephen Harris

Hi Stephen,

sorry for thanking you so late for your advice. It took a while to figure the shortcode out AND to change WordPress behavior towards breaks (<br>). In my particular WordPress installation I needed to tweak the shortcode like this:
    [eo_events showpastevents=false]%event_range{F d, Y}{}% <br> %event_title% [/eo_events]
    …and needed to allow/force wordpress not to strip the <br> tag.

Now it is working and I am happy. Thank you, Stephen.
    Best, Chris

Christian von Wolkahof
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.