eventorganiser_insert_ticket is broken?

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums General Question eventorganiser_insert_ticket is broken?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi,

when making a call to this function I now receive the error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function eventorganiser_insert_ticket() in /var/www/vhost/www.thefivestar.com/pub/fsc-beta/wp-content/themes/avada/functions.php on line 1379

I also found this in the docs

http://codex.wp-event-organiser.com/function-eventorganiser_insert_ticket.html

What’s going on?

Gabriel David

eo_get_bookings() is also throwing the undefined Fatal Error :((((

halp plz

Gabriel David

Did this occur after an update? It may be that there are some files were not downloaded/unzipped correctly (I’ve only known this to happen when updating the free version from wordpress.org – and event that’s very rare.) . Also can you check that the plug-in is active?

Additionally it’s recommended to check if a plug-in is active before using any of its functions:

• Checking if function_exists( 'eventorganiser_insert_ticket' ) – is the safest way (or whatever function you need to use)
    • Checking if EVENT_ORGANISER_PRO_DIR (or EVENT_ORGANISER_DIR for the base version) is a slightly quicker way
    Stephen Harris

To clarify, both those functions should exist! (Though eventorganiser_insert_ticket() shouldn’t be documented – it’s not a public function yet )

Stephen Harris

You know, I believe it was after an update. The plugin is active. I am going to try re-installing the free version of the plugin.

I see e-o-pro in my plugins folder in ftp, but it doesnt show up in my plugins list. Is this normal?

Also, good idea on checking to make sure the function exists. Probably would be good if i get into the habit of that.

I’ll let you know if I get it fixed in the next 15 min or so.

Gabriel David

Okay, so Re-installed EO with no luck (the free version). Still says eo_get_bookings is undefined. Should EO Pro be showing up in the installed plugins page? I’m not fully sure how to go about debugging WHY the function is not defined, when it should be :/

I know it’s a pro function, so it seems like that’s where the problem would lie

• This reply was modified 9 years, 11 months ago by  Gabriel David.
    Gabriel David

So the problem was indeed in EO Pro. I re-installed that and it began showing up in the plugins list again and now the functions all work. Yay! I’d been having problems with updating PRO versions of plugins for some reason :/ Must have been the whole corrupted/missing files you mentioned earlier.

Gabriel David

Hi Gabriel,

No, it’s not normal, but you’ve probably figured that out at this point.

Updating of plug-ins (unless done via FTP) is handled by WordPress itself, so at this point I’m tempted to put it down to ‘one of those things’. Updating of plug-ins (any plug-in) can potentially result in ‘corrupted’ install (i.e. missing or incomplete files). This is very rare, I know of only 3 occasions in the last three years, across all plug-ins I’ve published. But if it does happen again, let me know.

Stephen Harris
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.