Event time repeating in lists

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

After the latest update (3.3.0) my event listings were showing as, eg, “Friday 15 September 9.30am 9.30am 9.30am” with the time in triplicate. Also on my event category pages the venue information that was shown after the dash had been replaced by the time in duplicate, viz: “Wednesday 20 September 8.15am – 8:15am 8.15am”.

It seems that the shortcode “%start{g.ia}%” had inserted itself into my widget code, and on the category template pages it had replaced “at %event_venue%”.

I’ve corrected the code, but felt this was worth raising as an issue.

Michael Docker

Hi Michael,

A slight change in how the %start% tag is implemented may explain part of this. The tag should be used as follows:

%start{date-format}{time-format}%

Previously the time format defaulted to an empty string but in 3.3.0 that changed to default to the time format set in the site settings. If you just want the time try;

%start{}{g.ia}%

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Stephen Harris
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.