Event sorting changed

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Katy Drake 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

We think that with an update of either event organiser or event organiser pro, our list of events has changed from:

• ascending order (events in June appear before events in September)

–to–

• by order that events were entered in WordPress (events appear in the order in which they were added… so we have a June 15 event followed by Sept 21 followed by Sept 8. Any new events now appear before June 15, regardless of date).

Site: http://villageatmammoth.com/events/

I’ve looked for a plugin setting that might have changed to no avail. Thanks in advance for pointing me in the right direction to fix this issue.

Katy Drake

Hi Katy,

There hasn’t been any change to Event Organiser or Pro that would change the order of events.

Have you added or update any other plug-ins that might impact the ordering of events? I’m aware of some ‘post/page ordering’ plug-ins (that allow you to drag and drop the order of posts/pages) that also impact events because they apply to custom post types by defaults. Such plug-ins typically have a setting to exclude custom post types.

Additionally the page you linked to appears to be a custom page produced by the theme. If its using Event Organiser’s API to fetch events, it should be fine, but it depends on how those events are being retrieved.

I would contact the developer who built your site (or if you have just installed a theme, the theme developer).

Stephen Harris

Thanks Stephen, have reached out to the developers to see if they know what’s going on.

Katy Drake
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.