Event Search | First results & Sold Out Events

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums General Question Event Search | First results & Sold Out Events

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi Stephen,

I have two small questions concerning the Event Search Shortcode:

– Is there a way to hide to initial results that show up when you enter the page where the shortcode is embedded? I’d like to only show the search mask and the search results only when the user is actually looking for events.

– Can events, that are booked out and don’t have any tickets left, somehow be marked with a text or class, so the user instantly knows that the event cant be booked anymore? Or, if not, can those events at least be left out of the results?

Thanks in advance, keep up the good work!

Cheers mate

Mat

Hi Mat,

For (1) you could copy templates/search-event-list.php into your theme and edit it there to skip displaying the events if the search is empty (you could check to see if $_REQUEST['eo_search'] is an empty array.

For (2), it’s probably not possible / performant to omit the events from the results. If you wanted to check if an event had any more tickets let you could use eo_get_remaining_tickets_count(), see http://codex.wp-event-organiser.com/function-eo_get_remaining_tickets_count.html – as above the template can be copied to your theme and edited, so you can make any changes there.

Stephen Harris
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.